Friday, September 6, 1996

Shelter Gardens, Columbia

I used to live in an apartment complex in Columbia that bordered on Shelter Gardens. I was lucky because my apartment was right next to the gardens. You could say that the gardens were my back yard. Here are some photos from a visit there in the late summer of 1996.

An old school house was moved to the grounds of Shelter Gardens. The photo is black and white because I had a few frames left on the roll I shot earlier at Union Covered Bridge.

Black and white shot of a flower.


A brilliant red rose.


Texas does not have claim to all yellow roses.


One of the many paths meandering through the gardens.


These look like marigolds to me, but I'm not a trained horticulturist.


These look like the same type of flower as in the photo above, but they're definitely not marigolds. Maybe they're mums.


Perhaps a type of hibiscus.

No comments:

Post a Comment