Tuesday, December 31, 2002

Pima Air and Space Museum, Tucson

After spending a few days in sunny southern California, it was on to sunny Tucson, Arizona. If you haven't figured it out yet, I am a huge aviation buff, so a required stop in Tucson was the Pima Air and Space Museum. Here are a few pics of some of the planes they have on exhibit. Make sure to check out the link to Pima in the Landmarks I've Visited section.

My standing apology is in effect for the quality of the photos taken during this trip.

Tail Number 86971. This was not used as Air Force One, as it does not carry the Presidential Seal. It was used for presidential staff and secret service.

Early version of Air Force One


SR-71 Blackbird. There is a sign in plain sight the commands the visitor 'Do Not Touch The Aircraft'. Of course, I saw the sign well after touching the aircraft.


SR-71 Blackbird


SR-71 Blackbird


Another view of 86971


Boeing YC-14. I took this photo because of the deep contrast of the plane against the sky.


Bomber Engine. Unfortunately, I do not remember the model.


TWA Connie, or Lockheed Constellation. The Connie is one of my favorite planes because it was so far advanced for it's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment