Friday, May 5, 2006

Texas State Aquarium

While my brother was deep sea fishing, I was encountering aquatic life in a much different way at the Texas State Aquarium in Corpus Christi. I enjoyed the experience very much, and you can experience some of that by visiting the aquarium's web site. The link can be found in the Landmarks I've Visited section.

Entrance sign.


Interesting fish in the upper left.


Some type of eel or sea snake. I vote for eel.


I liked the lighting in this photo.


This aquarium features many animals in addition to the underwater inhabitants.


A seahorse. I've always like seahorses, probably because one was featured prominently in a cartoon when I was a kid.


Amphitheatre where dolphins perform.


Dolphin performances can also be viewed from under the surface.


More dolphins.


The lighting in this tank makes the jellyfish glow.


I think these are so cool, I had to include two.

No comments:

Post a Comment