Saturday, June 24, 2006

Hyannis, Nebraska

These photos were taken on the afternoon of June 23rd and the morning of the 24th in Hyannis, Nebraska. I usually don't include too many shots of similar scenery in the same post, but I'm making an exception in this case to give the reader a better idea of what the sandhills are like.

From a cemetery hilltop west of Hyannis.


From the same hill with the Hyannis airport in the background.


Looking west of the airport. What look like bluffs in the background are actually sandhills.


Now looking southwest at the sandhills.


I had to include a photo of the Ride.


Now on the morning of the 24th, we're in Hyannis awaiting the start of the Windmill Days celebration. I've included a link to a site that discusses Hyannis and Windmill Days in the Landmarks I've Visited section.


I just liked the building.


A stage has been set up for a performance.


Another view of the town

No comments:

Post a Comment