Saturday, September 17, 1988

Nearing Sunset on Siesta Beach

I spent the better part of a late afternoon and early evening on Siesta Beach one day in mid-September 1988. Actually, the beach was one of my favorite destinations when I lived in Sarasota. The following several photos are my favorites from that day.

Late afternoon, and not a lot of wave action.


Looking northwest up the beach. How would you like to have the Gulf of Mexico as your back yard?


Earlier in the day, this place was packed. Now that the sun is setting, most of them have gone home. This is my favorite time of the day.


In the backgroung, a pair of walkers enjoy the beach as the sun goes down. The real subject of this photo is the clump of sea oats. As I mentioned, Siesta Beach was one of my favorite places in Sarasota. I guarantee there will be more posts with it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment