Saturday, July 24, 1993

Day Trip Near the Black Canyon

On this day, I met up with my dad who was 'camping' near Gunnison. I use quotes around the word camping because he's really in a motor home. Anyway, I don't remember the exact sequence of events for the day, but I do remember where most of the photos are from. Unfortunately, my memory of what the photos are make it physically impossible for them to have been taken in the order that they were, unless we did a lot of driving to and fro.

Fowers against a picket fence. I like to think this was in Lake City.

More flowers against the fence row.


Cimarron Canyon Rail Exhibit. Of this I am certain.


Locomotive #278, Cimarron Canyon Rail Exhibit.


Trail along what must be Cimarron Creek.


Small waterfall.


This is definitely Lake San Cristobal, near Lake City, which is quite a distance from the rail exhibit.


A train rounds the corner next to the river. Which river I don't recall. Hey - it was over 15 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment