Saturday, July 17, 1993

Morning in Escalante Canyon

After overnighting at a campground near Delta, I made an early start in continuing my journey to Colorado National Monument. It's not far from Delta to Fruita, where the entrance to the Monument is located, so I had some time to explore. I turned onto Escalante Canyon Road, just to see what there was to see. It was excellent, and some of the photos I got out of here are among my all-time favorites.

Sunrise just as I'm making my way in.

The valley is hidden in shadow, while the rock walls are bathed in early morning light.


Further along the road; the sun now fills the valleys.


One of my road shots.


Interesting formation next to the road.


Beautiful red rock on the canyon wall.


I came across an old camp.


A stone cabin.


Captain Smith remembered.


An old wooden building.

No comments:

Post a Comment