Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Another Successful Vacation Ends

My 2010 vacation to Sarasota has has ended, and I've just arrived back home. It was a great trip, and I'm glad I was able to see friends I hadn't seen in a long time. It was also very good to visit several of my favorite landmarks and attractions.

Many of the shots taken on this trip were 'remakes' of photos I'd made years ago on the film camera. Some of them, including the David photos, were deliberate, as I was attempting to get better quality images of the same subject matter. Others, though, were accidental, and I didn't notice how similar the shots were to previous photos until I was preparing them for posting to this blog.

At any rate, I was extremely pleased with how the photos turned out. The digital cameras I use allow me to photograph under conditions that would have been very difficult, if not impossible, using a film camera. Comparing these new photos to older ones will illustrate my point. The added benefit of not paying for film, processing and printing is also most welcome.

As a reminder, more information on places I've photographed can be found by following the links in the Landmarks I've Visited sections on the right-hand side of the blog.

Thanks for listening. And hey, why not take a vacation yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment