Monday, March 22, 2010

Historic Spanish Point

I have certainly revisited many of my favorite Florida places on this vacation, and this morning is no different. First thing today I headed just south of Sarasota to Osprey, Florida, to see Historic Spanish Point. HSP is another one of those places I've probably been to more than ten times.

Site map at the visitor's center.


The visitor's center at the old Osprey School.

Mary's Chapel and Pioneer Cemetery.

The White Cottage.

Duchene Lawn and Classic Portal.

A very tall Washingtonian Palm.

Looking toward the sunken garden from the White Cottage.

Bougainvillea on the pergola.

Top of a pergola column.

The pergola and sunken garden.

The sunken garden.

Sunken garden with the pergola in the background.

The pergola.

Another view of the pergola.

Ok, I like the pergola already!

This bougainvillea - certainly some of the brightest I've seen on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment