Wednesday, March 21, 2001

Boston vs. Philadelphia

I got to Fort Myers, where I wanted to scope out City of Palms Park so I would be familiar with it on Saturday for the baseball game. I tried to turn left on Edison to get to the ballpark, but there was a traffic jam. Ahhhh, there's a baseball game today, as well. Made a U-turn and started down a different street. Realized I'd come all this way, so I might as well go to this game too. Turned around and found parking only four blocks from the park.

Got a general admission ticket for $6.00 - standing room only. Found a nice spot to stand behind the third base line. Husband and wife next to me must have been visiting from up north. Could tell by the conversations they had with three people they'd run into that they knew from up north. Small world.

Boston and Philly had a good game. We (Boston) won 12 to 7. There were several homers, including two by Jason Veritek. Didn't get to see Pedro or Nomar play, though.

After five innings, of of the park staff seated me - in the very front row behind the Red Sox dugout directly across from the pitcher's mound. Excellent place for the final 3 1/2 innings. Almost got bonked by a pop fly, though.

Left the ballpark around 3:45 or so - not sure. Realized I had not eaten lunch, but that was OK since breakfast was so big. Drove back to Sarasota.

No comments:

Post a Comment