Friday, March 23, 2001

Friday

I had planned to go to a baseball game today, but since I'm having dinner with friends at 5:30, there's not enough time. I subsequently learned that I missed Pedro Martinez pitching.

Went to the Waffle House for breakfast. The people watching there more than makes up for the food/cost ratio. Quite a humorous spectacle. Also a required stop.

Went directly to the beach after the Waffle House. The sun and breeze felt great. Spent a good two hours there; walked about six miles. Now, here's the thing. At the beach in Sarasota, or anywhere in Florida for that matter, you see things. Horrible things. Things that no other person should ever have to witness. You can also see the opposite, but there is precious little of that.

After the beach, headed over to Sarasota Square Mall to thumb my nose at the debt gods. Sarasota Square was where much of my former debt came from, you know. It took years to pay it off. Found an Internet-connected computer at Radio Shack - checked e-mail. Also tried to find some 'Sarasota' golf towels for friends back in Missouri, but none were to be found. They'll have to settle for postcards! Heh. I did earn $5 at the mall by taking a marketing survey, though.

Hey, maybe the outlet mall has golf towels. Drove there, but no such luck. In fact, most shops are closed up. Outlet mall on critical list.

Picked up some very late lunch at Checker's and drove to Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport to watch the jets. You all know that's one of my favorite pastimes. After about 45 minutes of that, I returned to the hotel to get ready for dinner with my friends. I think we're going to some steak place.

Went to an excellent Japanese restaurant with friends. After that, hung out with them at their place until about 11:00. Then went back to hotel for much needed sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment