Saturday, July 24, 2004

You May Not Recognize This Griffith Park

Everyone knows about the observatory and planetarium at Griffith Park, but there's a lot more to it than that. I hiked at trial leading to a place called Dante's View through some beautiful country. It's hard to believe you're in the middle of a giant city. Follow the link in the Landmarks I've Visited section to get more information about Griffith Park.

One of those big flowering things that emerge from giant yucca-type plants.


Entry to 'Berlin Forest'.


Is an explanation necessary?


Haze obscures this view.


Approaching a bridge on the trail to Dante's View.


The aforementioned bridge.


A sign warns hikers about the water situation.


I saw this fenced-in tree in a movie after I'd been on this vacation. I thought it looked familiar, so I searched my photos and found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment