Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Regent's Park

The last place I went on my last day in London was The Regent's Park, another huge open area in the city. At the end of the day, I'm certain my feet were planning to revolt. At any rate, I think The Regent's Park was my favorite of the parks I visited. More can be learned by visiting the Royal Parks' site; there's a link in the British Landmarks I've Visited section.

Map of the park.

Just after entering the park near Baker Street.


Water fowl abound in the park.


As well do thousands of flowers.


One of the many planting beds specializing in many varieties of tulips.


The bandstand.


Park-supplied seating near the bandstand. Not as many people were in the park today since it was a workday.


Boating Lake in the background.


Lots of families seem to frequent the park.


Another planting bed.


If memory serves, this is one of the gates into Queen Mary's Gardens.


The gate.


More detail on the gate.


Entering Queen Mary's Gardens, just inside the gate.


A small island inside Queen Mary's Gardens.


A duck swims peacefully by.


A bridge leads to the small island.


An interesting tree I found on the island.


Flower close-up.


I came across some black swans.


I assume this is the mate of the previous swan.


Entering a rose garden. There were millions of buds ready to open, but alas, I was too early for most of them.


This one was ready.


As was this.


Wide angle view approaching a fountain area.


The fountain is directly behind me as I took this photo. I include it because it's very peaceful.


The fountain.


An iris.


I believe this was called Long Bridge.


A wide angle shot of some of the playing fields at The Regent's Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment