Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Walk Around Hyde Park

Today I decided to check out Hyde Park. Together with Kensington Gardens, it's one of, if not the, largest open areas in London. I have to hand it to Londoners - they have many beautiful parks, and they're rightfully proud of them.

Map of the park. While it seems great at first, these maps are rather difficult to follow, because most of the paths are not marked.


My arrival point at Hyde Park - Hyde Park Corner Underground Station. Did I mention I love the underground?


Yes, the Underground. Another quintessential London marker.


Looking up Piccadilly from Hyde Park Corner.


Apsley Gate.


Apsley House Wellington Museum.


In some areas, the grass and flowers are left to grow.


One of the wide footpaths through the park.


Hyde park is full of scenic and picturesque vignettes.


Another scenic location.


There are lots of pigeons, noted for their lack of fear of humans.


Alongside The Serpentine, chairs are provided by Royal Parks for patrons to relax. I found chairs provided in all the parks I visited.


Close-up of interesting blooms I found on a tree.


Another scenic view.


Looking back down toward The Serpentine and the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fountain. Worry not, there will be separate entries for those locations.


More interesting flora. These flowers were about a quarter inch in size.


The Old Police House, located in the center of the park.


And they do have oak trees in England, I found.


This one is for Walter.

1 comment:

  1. European Starling. Yes, the very same. The worst thing to come across the pond since Puritanism.

    ReplyDelete